• SBUVA awards a scholarship to one (1) intern per quarter.
• The scholarship is awarded based on the following:
1. Completed all requirements for entering Observation Phase of the Clinic Internship as a full-time student at the University.
2. Earned a Cumulative Quarter Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.75 or higher.
3. Recommended by the Clinic Supervisors.
4. Dressed professionally and appropriately at all times.
5. Complied with Clinic Rules & Regulations, including prerequisites, CNT, HIPAA, & OSHA.
6. Actively recruited patients for the SBUVA Clinics.
7. Involved and collaborated in activities and/or services to fellow interns, the University, and the AOM profession.
8. Demonstrated a genuine need for financial assistance.
• Prospective recipients are encouraged to submit an application to the Director of Clinics by the final week of the academic quarter.
• The Clinic Director will then notify the intern by the first week of the following academic quarter.
• The Director of Clinic will then present the scholarships to interns during the quarterly Student Orientation for new students.
• Qualified interns may not receive more than two (2) scholarships during the tenure at the University.
• The amount of this scholarship per student per quarter cannot be more than $200.