SBU subscribes to EBSCO Research Databases which are a good place to begin looking for articles for a wide variety of topics. They are accessible on campus and off campus with ID and password.
English China Online Journal (ECOJ: Health & Medical Science):
- English version of 24 Chinese Journals in Health and Medical Science.
Enter the ECOJ web. You will see and Browse by Disciplines. Health and Medical Science. 24 English Chinese Journals will show up. A SBU sign will pop up when you click the journals. Please add SBU I.D. and password. You must enter the SBU I.D. and password again when you leave the data open for more than one hour.
China Online Journal (COJ) science and Technology
-72 TCM Journals in Chinese
(the table of contents is available only in English).
How to access: Go to 'browse by subject ' and click 'medicine' and Go to the Medicine section and click 'Chinese Medicine.' 78 TCM Journals will show up. A SBU sign will pop up when you click the journals. Please add SBU I.D. and password.
Korean Medical Database
PubMed Central Journals
PubMed Central is a free digital archive of biomedical and life sciences journal literature at the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), developed and managed by NIH's National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI) in the National Library of Medicine (NLM).
KTKP (Korean Traditional Knowledge Portal)
(Korean site) (English site) **User account is required to access.**
KoreaMed Synapse: A digital & Reference Linking Platform of Korean 38 Medical Journals
Please click HERE to use EBSCO research databases that include the following research databases:
- Full text for 180 publications including many peer-reviewed journals
- Subject: Cover full spectrum of complementary and alternative medicine data dating back 1990
|Medline (Linking System)
Medline with Full Text
(Password is required.)
- Medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences.
- Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations
- Over 4,800 current biomedical journals.
|Evidence-Based Complementary Medicine
- Evidence-based information on herbs and natural remedies
- More than 200 Conditions, herbs & vitamins & supplements, drug interactions. Currently cites more than 12,000 published primary sources,
- All newly published double-blind, placebo-controlled trials of significance to alternative medicine
Extensive science-based information on more than 180 health conditions and their natural remedies.
- Herbs & Supplements
The latest scientific information and evidence on natural remedies and their uses on more than 200 hundred herbs, vitamins, and supplements
- Drug Interactions
Learn about the positive and negative ways in which herbs and supplements can interact with medications.
Evidence- Based Complementary Medicine , Medline Link System (SBU Restriction) : EBSCO Full Text Databases
EBSCO full text Databases include periodicals, peer-reviewed journals, academic and professional publications, magazines, consumer newsletters, research reports and newsletters. They cover Acupuncture, Body work, childbirth, Chinese medicine, Chiropractic, Creative Therapies, Cross-cultural Therapies, Energy Medicine, Herbalism, Homeopathy, Mind-Body Medicine, Naturopathy, Nutrition, Osteopathy and Nutrition.
The Cochrane Collaboration CM Field
Peer Reviewed Journal List from EBSCO
Peer Reviewed Journal Subscription List at Anaheim and LA Libraries
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- American Journal of Medicine
- American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- American Journal of Public Health
- American Journal of Sports Medicine
- Annals of Emergency Medicine
- Arthritis and Rheumatism
- Health Psychology
- International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture
- JAMA (Journal of American Medical Association)
- Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology
- Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine
- Journal of Gerontology
- Journal of National Cancer Institute
- Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
- Journal of Pain
- Journal of Palliative Medicine
- Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment
- Journal of Women's Health
- New England Journal of Medicine
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- The American Journal of Chinese Medicine
- Urologic Clinics of North America
Writing Styles of A Research Paper