Financial Aid applications must be completed for each new academic year. In order to apply for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and supply all requested documentation in accordance with the deadlines.
This form can be completed online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. When completing the application, please note that the South Baylo University Title IV code is 025973.
Students should retain and keep in an accessible place a copy of their FAFSA as well as all other documents used to complete their FAFSA. Applicants are notified in writing if additional documentation such as tax returns is needed.
If you intend to re-apply to the school after taking a break for at least two quarters due to academic dismissal, you must go through the dismissal re-admission process. Please note that the Financial Aid process and the dismissal re-admission process must be done separately. If you have been approved for one, it does not automatically mean you have been approved for the other. Be sure to check with both the Financial Aid Office and Office of Academics to ensure you have completed all of the necessary steps for a smooth transition back into SBU.
1. Students entering the MSAOM degree program with at least 90 quarter units (60 semester units) are classified as undergraduate students and must meet the following criterions:
a. The total number of credits is less than 180 quarter units earned at an accredited institution of higher education without a Bachelor’s degree or any type of professional degree.
2. Students entering the MSAOM degree program as a graduate student must meet the following criterions:
a. The total number of credits is more than 180 quarter units earned at an accredited institution of higher education without a Bachelor’s degree. OR
b. Earned a Bachelor’s or higher degree.
3. After your information has been processed, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR), usually within three weeks from the submission date of FAFSA. Review the SAR carefully to ensure that all information is accurate. Read any comments to determine any further actions. Be sure to retain your SAR with all other financial aid records. SBU will receive a similar report directly from the U.S. Department of Education.
4. All new students must complete a Loan Entrance Counseling prior to the receipt of the first loan fund disbursement. Loans will not be processed until the Financial Aid Office has received confirmation regarding the completion of the Loan Entrance Counseling sessions.
Please access the www.studentloans.gov to complete Entrance Counseling.
Select "Complete Entrance Counseling", you will select this on 2 separate pages of the website. Choose "Undergraduate Student" or "Graduate Student”, and proceed with the Entrance Counseling session.
5. Please complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN).
Note: A Master Promissory Note (MPN) is a loan agreement between you and the student loan lender. By signing the MPN, you are agreeing to repay your loans under the terms of MPN. The first time you obtain a loan at SBU, under and any federal loan programs, you will be required to complete a MPN. The MPN will serve as a promissory note for all future loan programs while enrolled at SBU. Please visit https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action to complete the MPN. In order to expedite the processing of your financial aid, please complete the above steps in a timely manner, read instructions carefully, fill-out forms completely, and respond to inquiries as promptly as possible.